Register and Fill Out your common scholarship application now!
Then Search for available scholarships and Apply.
Stamford Dollars For Scholars Scholarships will be available from
February 1, 2017 to April 1, 2017
Attention Students and Parents:
into the ChapterNet
If this is your 1st time here, register and you will
Students, Please note:
To be considered for any of the scholarships,
you MUST complete the on-line application fully.
Attention Students & Parents!
To find out the latest on what is happening with your applications and chapter events, make sure you go to www.facebook.com/StamfordD4S and us. This is the best way to follow us and learn about scholarships.
Review Application Instructions
Stamford Dollars for Scholars-How to Apply for Scholarships
Application Deadline: April 1, 2017
Step 1: Register
- Go to www.stamford.dollarsforscholars.org and click on the "Students & Parents" tab.
- Scroll down and click the maroon button that says "Click to Login".
- Next, click on the "Don't have an account yet? Create one here."
- Search for your high school and then click "Choose This School."
- Fill in all of the Basic Information fields with the required information. MAKE SURE YOU USE A VALID EMAIL ACCOUNT THAT YOU CHECK OFTEN. DO NOT USE YOUR SCHOOL EMAIL ADDRESS - THESE ADDRESSES OFTEN HAVE STRONG SPAM FILTERS AND DO NOT ALLOW OUTSIDE EMAILS.
- Read the terms and conditions and check the box to agree.
- When you are finished, click "Submit."
- After submitting this information, an email will be generated that contains your login information. If you do not see this email in your inbox within a few minutes, please check your junk/spam folders. If you did not receive this email, please click on the grey "Support" button on the bottom left of the login page to request your login information.
Step 2: Fill out the Application
- Log in on https://public.dollarsforscholars.org/ using your email and the temporary password you were sent. This will allow you to fill in the information needed to apply for scholarships.
- Once logged in, click on the "Work on Profile" button to get started.
- You will be taken to the first section of your profile. You must complete all the double starred (**) items in order to submit the form. All other items are helpful in matching to scholarships, but optional.
- Notice the progress bars under My Information. The color next to each section of the profile indicates the level of completeness of that section.
- Be complete and accurate. This will lead to more scholarship opportunities.
Directions for Specific Sections:
- Activities: List all of the activities (both through the community and your high school) that you have participated in since the 9th grade. List each activity separately.
- Documents: You do not have to upload any documents.
- Parent/Guardian Info: If you are under 18, you must have parental consent to apply for scholarships. Enter the contact information for your parent/guardian and then click the "Request Consent from Parent/Guardian" button - this will send an email to your parent asking them to grant you permission to continue with the scholarship process. This email will contain login information for their Parent account. When they log in to the parent account, they will be prompted to grant consent. If your parent does not see this email in their inbox within a few minutes, please have them check their junk/spam folders. If they did not receive the email, please have them click on the grey "Support" button to request their login information.
- Financial Info: Stamford Dollars 4 Scholars requires the completion of financial information in order to be eligible for need based scholarships.
If using EFC: Please enter your FAFSA EFC on the Financial Info page and check whether your Student Aid Report said you were Pell eligible. This information is found in the Student Aid Report (SAR) you received after completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Essays: There are 2 essays in this section. The first is titled "Goals and Aspirations" and its completion is required for a scholarship. It should be no more than 500 words. You can write your essay in a Word Document, then copy and paste it to the box. The second essay is titled "Unusual Circumstances" (also 500 words max). While you may not think you have experienced anything "unusual", you probably have had an experience unique to yourself which affected your achievement in school, work or community, or choice in career path.
- Transcripts & References: Transcript request: You are required to have a Transcript uploaded by your guidance counselor. When you click on the "Add School Official Information" button, a box will appear for you to add the contact information.
- Primary Reference: Please follow the same process outlined above to enter the contact information for your Primary Reference. Please send this request to a teacher, coach, or employer who knows you well. This reference may not be completed by a family member. You should make sure that your reference knows you have requested this and you should complete this step at least two weeks before the deadline of April 1 to allow time for your reference to complete his/her recommendation.
Step 3: Search for Scholarships
- Our scholarships will be available on February 1, 2017. You will not be matched to any of our scholarships before that date but you may search for and apply to other scholarships available through Scholarship America.
- On your dashboard page, look under the Yellow bar: My Scholarships. Click the button "Search for Scholarships".
- Answer all custom eligibility questions, if any, that appear. These questions are used to help verify your eligibility for scholarships.
- On the My Scholarships page, click the "Verify Eligibility for All Scholarships" button to search for scholarships you are eligible to apply for. All scholarships you are eligible for will appear in the box below the button.
- Some scholarships require additional information from you before you will be able to submit. This will be indicated by an active Questions or References button. Click on the active buttons, complete the information and the "Apply" button will activate. If the Questions and References buttons are not active on a matched scholarship, no additional information is required.
Step 4: Apply for Scholarships
- You MUST click the "Apply" button next to each scholarship you are matched to in order to be eligible to receive that scholarship.
- Be sure to check the "My Scholarships" and "My Opportunities" sections often as scholarships open and close all the time.
** If at any time you have questions about the application or scholarships available, contact Deborah Golden, Awards Director, at email@example.com
** If at any time you need technical assistance with the application, please contact Scholarship America's technical support by clicking on the grey "Support" button on the bottom left of each screen.